2020 'Cuvee Zaccharie' Cote de Brouilly
$49.99 / $44.99 3+ (3saves5)
• Traditional whole-cluster vinifications
• From vines up to 90-years-old, this is a blend of their oldest vines from the two single vineyards “La Chapelle” (Southern exposure) and “Godeffroy” (East exposure)
• Clay and volcanic rock (composed of Diorite and Porphyry)
• Vinification lasts from 13-15 days
• Ages for 11 months in new and used (1-5 years) 228L French oak, 10% new
Zaccharie is Thivin's most prestigious wine, an homage to Zaccharie Geoffray.
In The Vineyard
This wine comes from the blending of our oldest vines; plots at La Chapelle in the south and Godefroy in the east. Gamay Noir vines up to 90-years-old. Vines planted at a high density of 9–10,000 vines/ha, pruned into low goblets, traditional in crus. Ground grassed and partly flowered for Terra Vitis reasoned agriculture (biodynamics). Green harvests to concentrate the crop.
Made like a fine Burgundy, NO carbonic maceration. Hand-picked, ferments over 13–15 days, pneumatic press, 10% matured in new barrels, the rest in 1–5-year-old barrels all for 9 months.