Commune: Castiglione Falletto Vineyard
Parcel(s): A small .58 hectare parcel inside Bricco Boschis.
Drinking Window: 2019-2026
Vineyard Size: .58 ha
Vineyard Character: hillside inside a protected bowl
Slope Direction: Hillsides with slope direction of west / south-west
• Full destemming; fermentation with indigenous yeasts only.
• Use of Horizontal Fermentation tanks.
• Traditional fermentation with semi-submerged cap with punch-downs and pump-overs.
• Controlled fermentation temperature at 29°C on indigenous yeasts.
• Total maceration time: 5 days.
• Malolactic Fermentation in cement tanks during spring following the harvest.
• Aged in steel tanks for 12 months
• After bottling, the wine is aged in the cellars for a minimum of 6 months before release.
Vintage Characteristics: Grignolino does well in the hot conditions of 2017 and the wine leaps from the glass with notes of raspberry, cranberry and red flowers. In the palate, it is distinctly mid-weight and aromatically lively, an elegant wine of precise red fruit aromas and flavors. It finished with a clean minerally burst.
Pairing Suggestions: This wine finds its best matches at the table, with appetizers of sliced meats such as prosciutto, salami and lardo; also Alba beef tartare and vitello tonnato. The wine is also good with pasta or simple red meat dishes in general, or with seasoned cheeses. The wine can also be consumed cool (12-15°C like a rosé wine), with delicate white meats or fish.