Commune: Castiglione Falletto Vineyard
Parcel(s): The “Vigna del Cuculo” parcel inside Bricco Boschis.
Drinking Window: 2019-2027
Vineyard Size: 1.87 ha
Vineyard Character: hillside inside a protected bowl
Slope Direction: Southwest - West
• Full destemming; fermentation with indigenous yeasts only.
• Use of Horizontal Fermentation tanks.
• Traditional fermentation with semi-submerged cap with punch-downs and pump-overs.
• Controlled fermentation temperature at 29°C on indigenous yeasts.
• Total maceration time: 12-18 days.
• Malolactic Fermentation in cement tanks during spring following the harvest.
• Cask aging for 24 months in Slavonian Oak botti of 20-30-50 hl.
• Bottled 5 June 2018
• After bottling, the wine was aged in our cellars for a minimum of 6 months before release.
Vintage Characteristics: The 2016 wines show at their core great precision; at this early point in their development they are closed and impenetrable. The vintage, notwithstanding the hard hail and numerous rains, also gave us happy results for the other grapes as the near-perfect conditions did not encourage the spread of grape diseases and we were able to use organic farming processes to maximum effect. It is a vintage where all the wines show great site-specific transparency.